Friday, October 24, 2008

He's finally due!

As I approached our due date, I just couldn’t believe that Gavin is still supposed to be in there! He is just over 8 pounds now. His eyes are still a gorgeous oceany, almost navy blue. He goes from zero to sixty in about 15 seconds: he whimpers a little, and within the minute he screams like he's on fire! He's our little ticking time bomb.

For my birthday, he and I got a donut with a friend. She told a story and when I repeated the line “four pregnancy tests!!??” he smiled a very big, and very intentional smile. It wasn’t gas this time! And then he just kept smiling! I kept saying “four pregnancy tests!!??” and he just kept on smiling! It was the best gift ever. He looked right at me with that heart-melting smile. I can see why parents work so hard to see their kids smile like that. He has made my life much richer. I think he is absolutely amazing. We are so honored.

No comments: