Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My mom's a workin' girl!

How cute is this kid? Look at the rooooollllls on those legs. He likes to lock those knees lately and practically stand up. I am excited to see him like and learn new things, but come on kid. You're 4 months old. You do not need to stand up, yet! He's so cute and funny, I could just play with him all day! It's actually a little hard to leave each day to go to work. Yes, I rejoined the working (outside of the home) world. I'm enjoying it tons, but leaving in the mornings is a little bit awful. Once I get to work, of course everything in the world is just right. But every morning I rethink my decision to work. And when that school bell rings, I think I'm the most excited person in the building that school is over. I practically run home!

So Gavin, Dan and I have fallen into a routine each week. We are lucky to have moms that come and watch Gavin for us when we work and Dan can bring the baby over to visit me at work on Tuesdays and Thursdays for lunch or to walk home with me. Things like bath time, tummy time, holding Gavin, talking and singing to him, and feeding him are our new form of entertainment. And he's getting so fun! He laughs at appropriate times (you know, like when things are actually funny!) and he is babbling a ton. I get about 3 hours with Gavin each evening. In the mornings, I'm lucky to get a few minutes to squeeze him and then hand him over to a Grandma or Dad before I rush to work. So baby nail trimming, bottle preparation, swing time, bouncy chair, songs, stories, talking, baths have become my evenings! I wouldn't trade my evenings for anything!



No comments: