Monday, December 29, 2008

My tiny little preemie is a MOOSE

Well, Gavin is getting so big that these milestones have occurred in just 24 hours:
- While out shopping, my darling husband casually said, "He's HEAVY! You know, I don't know how Moms can do this!" while he was carrying him in the Bjorn through Target. Oh honey, ain't that the truth?
- I boxed up Gavin's 0-3 month clothes and had to break out the 3-6 month clothes. Then I took a look at the 6-9 month clothes and realized... they almost fit. Huh? And then I opened up the preemie/newborn box and realized, he was wearing these 2-3 months ago... and they're half his length now.
- Gavin went to his 4 month appointment. 16 pounds, 9.5 ounces! Oh. My. Gosh. Uhm, excuse me, but did anyone else know it's already December? I mean, that it's almost January? How did that happen??!
- I cleaned my room and found his hospital anklet. It's approximately the size of a thumb ring for my husband. I bawled like a baby (I hate the sap that I've become) (OK, I mean the additional magnitude to my sap, I guess) at the tiny little sight of it.

Ugh, this is just going waaaay too fast. It feels like I was on that C Section table about a year ago, but I was holding him in the NICU about 2 or 3 weeks ago. By that weirdly-perceived math, I'll be driving this kid to college by the time school's out for this school year. And by the way, is this how ALL moms feel? Why couldn't we listen when others told us how fast this would go? Does this mean my mom was right about everything else? Uh-Oh.



No comments: